Tomorrow starts my countdown of my top 30 favorite songs of 2009. Most of them will actually be big hits and will probably be very obvious. There are a handful (on the upper half of the list) that may not have been the biggest of hits, but I fell for them as well. I guess this countdown can become, “How high did the Wonder Girls rank?”
Either way, I found that compiling this list of songs actually gelled really easily. I’ll post a video on how quickly I put together the list (probably on the 1st or 2nd of January). Insert story of backwards E here.
Of course there were tons and tons of songs that were catchy that didn’t make the list. All the artists only show up once on this list so songs like “Halo,” “My Life Would Suck Without You,” “Funhouse,” S.O.S (Let the music play),” “Boom Boom Pow,” and “I Hate this part” didn’t make the list in lieu of songs by said artists that I deemed better or personally more favorable.
Five songs that didn’t make the list because I just found out about them:
5. Brad Paisley – Welcome To The Future – Okay, I’m not the biggest of Country music fans, but this song is oddly catchy. Brad has a strong voice and it’s accompanied by “futuristic sounds.” There’s a big plus because I like the references to Pac-Man and the Philippines.
(Click Read More to find out who else just barely missed the list)
4. Animal Collective – Summertime Clothes – I found this just wandering around other lists trying to get some ideas. I know that my list stays pretty close to the Top 100 list, but if I knew this song earlier, it would have made the list easily.
3. Adam Lambert - For Your Entertainment – I actually didn’t get a chance to see Adam’s performance on the AMA’s but after hearing all of the hoopla about it, I’m not going to. The song is catchy and the devil inside me loves the song. Don’t worry if you think Adam won’t make the list though.
2. Passion Pit - Sleepyhead – The combination of a very catchy sample, synth sounds, falsetto, and an interesting music video. I’m almost disappointed that the song is less than three minutes long.
1. Rihanna – Russian Roulette – I’m a little slow, I only noticed this song and watched the video. I was blown away. The song captures some of my emotions at the moment. I dunno why, but it does.